Those people who know me well will not be surprised to hear that I... as well as others (Seth!)... have been keeping track of various stats from the ride based on Garmin GPS devices and Strava on my phone. I've put links to all the rides as captured on Strava in an earlier post but the table below summarises all these stats and I think it's pretty cool... but hey, that's me!!!
The thing that sticks out most to me is the total elevation gain of 5,831 metres, that's 3.5 miles... straight up, almost two thirds the height of Everst from sea level, we climbed with panniers... no wonder my legs are still sore!! Also the fact that we gained 1553 metres in one day - that's nearly a mile - some of those hills did seem to last for ever, now I know why.
Something else is my maximum heart rate: theoretically, a person of my age should only get to 164bpm but mine went to 178, nearly 10% above... those blooming hills, no wonder I thought I was dying at times... numerous times actually!!
I won't bore you with analysis and 'Oooh's' and 'Ahhhs' for all the stats but suffice it to say it really was hard work, very enjoyable but hard work nevertheless, and so I would say to all those people who very kindly sponsored us... you got your money's worth and thank you so much :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment